Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Security Yosemite

Hello, I cannot ask administrator to change server setting just because my safari cannot open it!!! I want to sing in to the corporate outlook mail server!!! Is there a way to update safari for Yosemite that solves this issue? I can login in Catalina without any inconvenience.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 9:34 AM

5 replies

Jul 29, 2020 11:01 PM in response to Daltrw

Daltrw Said:

"It wasn't related to compatibility or server configuration, neither a safari issue, it was a problem with keychain access certificates. It has been fixed and now I can open the website without any problem"

-------

Great Job Troubleshooting!👍

For Reference:

Please provide what exactly the problem was the keychain access certificates and how was it solved? Providing that will help many out there, most certainly.

Also, Inform Apple of This:

Also, inform Apple of this issue, so they can know what occurred, and how it needs to be fixed. They won't get back to you directly, but the more information they received on this, the more they'll know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Safari - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Jul 29, 2020 1:48 PM in response to Daltrw

Daltrw Said:

"Safari Security Yosemite" [...]I want to sing in to the corporate outlook mail server!!![...]"

-------

Web Browser Compatibly:

Based on the above quote, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a compatibly issue. Companies and Schools are pretty picky when it comes to logging in on their servers, with particular Web Browsers. So, contact the Web mater, and ask if such is the case.

Try Another Browser:

• Mozilla Firefox
  • Google Chrome

Jul 29, 2020 2:44 PM in response to Daltrw

There will be no further Safari updates for operating systems earlier than High Sierra, and when Big Sur (macOS 11) is released, then High Sierra support will end too.

Firefox 79 requires macOS Sierra (10.12) or later, so it will not work with Yosemite (10.10). Presently, Google Chrome does support Yosemite, but there is handwriting on the wall that it probably won't in the next few revisions. Likewise, the Brave browser also supports Yosemite, as it is based on Google Chrome, and when Google drops support for Yosemite, so too it is likely that Brave will also.

Safari Security Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.