Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mails: your network preferences prevent content from loading privately.

Mac Mails: your network preferences prevent content from loading privately. How do I stop this.

(Mac Studio Max Mac OS Ventura 13.1) I have to click the (Load Content Directly) button on every email. and some times it wont help, and I have to restart my Mac.

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 2:29 PM

Gary Antoine wrote:

Mac Mails: your network preferences prevent content from loading privately. How do I stop this.
(Mac Studio Max Mac OS Ventura 13.1) I have to click the (Load Content Directly) button on every email. and some times it wont help, and I have to restart my Mac.

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support turn it off

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

If no resolve see

—if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

—if you are using iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Use iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 2:29 PM in response to Gary Antoine

Gary Antoine wrote:

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support turn it off

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

If no resolve see

—if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

—if you are using iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Use iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support

Jan 5, 2023 5:00 PM in response to Gary Antoine

I have the same issue as the original poster, and only if I disable all Mail Privacy Protection options can I automatically see remote content (images). This is new in Mac OS Ventura.

Surely there must be a way to avoid the trade-off! While I don't need to protect ALL mail activity, I'd like to be able to hide my IP address, and NOT have to click "Load Remote Content" every time I open an email with images.

Apple... PLEASE???

Mac Mails: your network preferences prevent content from loading privately.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.