Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to get Google account to appear in Calendar

I am setting up a new (actually old) Mac. I've got an iCloud calendar and a Google calendar and am trying to have them both appear in the Calendar app, the same as I have for every Mac I've owned for the past 15 years.

I added the iCloud account and the events appear.

I added the Google account. Now, the name of that account appears in the left column of the Calendar app under "calendars." However, it doesn't list the individual calendars under that account with the checkboxes enabling you to hide or show them. Also, none of the events from that calendar appear.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 10:03 AM

Hey there pablocruz2323,

Based on you post it appears you're unable to access and manage your Google account details using Calendar. Is that right? We're happy to help.

Have you tried restarting the Mac since experiencing the issue?

Log out, sleep, restart or shut down your Mac

If so, you can try removing the account, and adding the account back in safe mode to test. Safe mode will also clear the system cache and attempt to repair any directory related issues. You can also try adding the account in System Preferences as well. The articles below will help.

Add or delete calendar accounts on Mac

If you don’t see your events in Calendar on Mac

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 10:03 AM in response to pablocruz2323

Hey there pablocruz2323,

Based on you post it appears you're unable to access and manage your Google account details using Calendar. Is that right? We're happy to help.

Have you tried restarting the Mac since experiencing the issue?

Log out, sleep, restart or shut down your Mac

If so, you can try removing the account, and adding the account back in safe mode to test. Safe mode will also clear the system cache and attempt to repair any directory related issues. You can also try adding the account in System Preferences as well. The articles below will help.

Add or delete calendar accounts on Mac

If you don’t see your events in Calendar on Mac

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers!

Unable to get Google account to appear in Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.