Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RE Name Bluetooth speaker device

Change the name of of BLUETOOTH device .....not the phone name.

iPhone 7 Plus, 13

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 8:14 PM

Here is an article about that..

Change the name of a Bluetooth accessory - Apple Support

The only bluetooth devices I've ever been able to change the name of are ones that come with their own apps. ie my Bose earbuds and my little Bose speakers. There is a Bose app that lets you change the name of the device. Apple devices let you (Watch and AirPods)

I think the manufacturer of the device has to allow it because I don't get the option for several bluetooth devices that is shown in the link

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 8:14 PM in response to janel5

Here is an article about that..

Change the name of a Bluetooth accessory - Apple Support

The only bluetooth devices I've ever been able to change the name of are ones that come with their own apps. ie my Bose earbuds and my little Bose speakers. There is a Bose app that lets you change the name of the device. Apple devices let you (Watch and AirPods)

I think the manufacturer of the device has to allow it because I don't get the option for several bluetooth devices that is shown in the link

RE Name Bluetooth speaker device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.