Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Won’t Update App Store

There is an update for the App Store app but it will not download. It asks for my password but it won’t accept it. My phone used to be associated with an old Apple ID. I changed my ID and password. I have no old devices showing on my phone to remove. How do I associate my App Store with my new ID

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 5:29 AM

7 replies

Jul 30, 2020 6:37 AM in response to scottprim

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

App Store Won’t Update App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.