Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entire desktop disappeared, no icons

my entire desktop disappeared for no apparent reason. In other words, no icons - just a blank screen. How do i restore it?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 11:18 AM

Larkspurpod wrote:

Thank you Leroy.
Problem solved very quickly by calling Apple Support.
To answer your question, apparently my iCloud preference was deselected when I tried to install a Skyp conference all app on my computer. Reason for this never established but my desktop has been restored by simply reselecting iCloud in Preference folder. Strange.

Good computing Larkspurpod ! Glad to hear your problem is resolved, thanks for the report.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 11:18 AM in response to Larkspurpod

Larkspurpod wrote:

Thank you Leroy.
Problem solved very quickly by calling Apple Support.
To answer your question, apparently my iCloud preference was deselected when I tried to install a Skyp conference all app on my computer. Reason for this never established but my desktop has been restored by simply reselecting iCloud in Preference folder. Strange.

Good computing Larkspurpod ! Glad to hear your problem is resolved, thanks for the report.

Jul 30, 2020 8:18 AM in response to Larkspurpod

Larkspurpod wrote:

my entire desktop disappeared for no apparent reason. In other words, no icons - just a blank screen. How do i restore it?

You give no corroborating information to work with...

What precipitated this change?

Blank screen or just no familair files or folders present on the Desktop?

Are you logged into the correct account? From the  drop down menu (upper left) verify your account.

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple ...

How to find your Documents and Desktop folder contents after ...

Remove Desktop and Document... - Article

Entire desktop disappeared, no icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.