Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dissolve and Transition Terminology. Setting slide duration

I want to create movie with each slide on for 8 sec, and a 1 sec. dissolve. I can't figure out how to do that.

The Document tab has Delay: Transitions time and Build time. I set those to 1 sec. and 1 sec., but not getting the desired effect.

The Animate tab is set to Dissolve > Duration 1 sec. and Start Transition > Delay 0.5 sec. If I set these to Duration 8s and Delay to 0.5s; the transition lasts 8s as I would expect.

But how do I set the time the slide is up (without transition) to 8s? I want the slide show to auto play. I will export this to a movie to use as a Zoom meeting background.

Summary: Slide show with each slide up 8s and a 1s dissolve between slides. For export to a movie.

Thank you. I'm sure the setting is hiding in plain site.

PS. I see that I responded to a similar question 6 years ago

PPS. I would do this in iMovie except it doesn't allow 4:3 photos which mine are. And it limits resolution to 1K and we are now at 8K.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:35 PM

1 - go to: Inspector - Document - Document - in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select: Normal

2 - go to: Inspector - Animate - Add an Effect and select the required effect

3 - click one of the slides in the Navigator (the left side panel), then go to: Edit > Select All

4 - in the Duration entry box type "1" and press the enter key

5 - in the Start Transition dropdown menu, select Automatic

6 - in the Delay entry box type "8" and press the enter key

7 - go to File > Export > Movie leave the settings as they are, click Next, enter a file name then click Export

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 3:35 PM in response to MtnBiker

1 - go to: Inspector - Document - Document - in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select: Normal

2 - go to: Inspector - Animate - Add an Effect and select the required effect

3 - click one of the slides in the Navigator (the left side panel), then go to: Edit > Select All

4 - in the Duration entry box type "1" and press the enter key

5 - in the Start Transition dropdown menu, select Automatic

6 - in the Delay entry box type "8" and press the enter key

7 - go to File > Export > Movie leave the settings as they are, click Next, enter a file name then click Export

Dissolve and Transition Terminology. Setting slide duration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.