Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I display two albums or folders at one time?

How can I display two albums or folders at one time? I often create sets of photos on a theme and need to pick the images I want from another folder or even from the Photos library itself. Now, I am constantly flipping between the two, and it is very tedious.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 3:09 AM

I am launching the app PowerPhotos (https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/powerphotos/), when I need to compare photos from two two different albums. or even photo libraries PowerPhotos can be used as a second browser for Photos. Even the free trial version can show you your Photos Library in a second window. With the full version we can manage the libraries, search for duplicates, move albums between libraries, and more.

To build on Matti's advice to create a third album, try smart albums to compare two albums, if you what to compare albums and not the individual photos.

For example, let's assume, you have two albums "AlbumTheme1" and "AlbumTheme2".

To find all photos from AlbumTheme1, that are not in AlbumTheme2, use the smart album "File > New Smart Album"

• Match all
  • Album is AlbumTheme1
  • Album is not AlbumTheme2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 3:09 AM in response to perijettristan

I am launching the app PowerPhotos (https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/powerphotos/), when I need to compare photos from two two different albums. or even photo libraries PowerPhotos can be used as a second browser for Photos. Even the free trial version can show you your Photos Library in a second window. With the full version we can manage the libraries, search for duplicates, move albums between libraries, and more.

To build on Matti's advice to create a third album, try smart albums to compare two albums, if you what to compare albums and not the individual photos.

For example, let's assume, you have two albums "AlbumTheme1" and "AlbumTheme2".

To find all photos from AlbumTheme1, that are not in AlbumTheme2, use the smart album "File > New Smart Album"

• Match all
  • Album is AlbumTheme1
  • Album is not AlbumTheme2

How can I display two albums or folders at one time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.