Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kobo ereader not showing in Finder

My Kobo Aura One was showing that it was connected and charging to my mid 2012 Macbook Pro running Catalina. But it was nowhere to be found in Finder. All external drive boxes in preferences were checked. My Mac has 3 USB 2 ports. None would work. I finally pulled out my Dell laptop and had no problem connected and copying the books to the Kobo.

The Kobo is sensitive and requires a good bidirectional USB to mini cable. Some of the cheap ones will charge just fine but not connect to allow book transfer. I have a designated tried and true cable for this purpose.

After spending a good deal of time online, I ran across an article that mentioned that sometimes port voltages may be slightly different from port to port. As my Macbook Pro is rather old and on it's 2nd battery, I decided to plug in the charger to see if that would make a difference.

Eureka, it showed up in the Finder. So rather than this be a question, it is more of an answer to a problem that I couldn't find an answer to. I hope this solution will be helpful to people who still have the same problem. Plug in the charger:)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 4:49 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Kobo ereader not showing in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.