Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fast charge iPad 7th generation

Is the18w USB-C adaptor with a USB-C to lightening cable suppose to fast charge the 2019 iPad, which I believe is 7th generation? (not Pro) If not, what combination of chargers, if any, does provide fast charging?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 9:35 PM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2020 6:01 PM in response to LotusPilot

The iPad listed are Pro, Air, and mini, but I have the standard iPad released in 2019. Currently, I have my daughters iPad 2019 connected to an Apple USB-C 18W adaptor and attached to a USB-C to lightening 6ft cable purchased directly from Apple. Not only is it slow charging, but after charging overnight, it does not get to 100% (95-98% on average). It also dies withing 4-5 hours. She does mostly stream videos on her device. However, she has been streaming on mine for over 3 hours and the battery is only down to 76%.

Mine does not fast charge either, but it does fully charge overnight connected to an Apple USB 18w USB-C adaptor and a 10 ft third party USB-C to lightening cable that is supposedly Apple certified. Because my charger is so long and it's strictly used at home, I don't mind. But it would be great to get my daughters iPad situated to she can stop using mine, Lol. Any advice on teouble shooting or should I just contact the Apple Care+ folks?

Aug 1, 2020 6:57 PM in response to Gentryonceagain

The Apple 18W, USB-C adapter is listed as compatible with the 2019, 7th gen iPad.

I have this fast charging adapter/cable setup and I am trying this with my wife's 2019, 7th gen iPad to test the time it takes for it to charge from 50% to 100%

How long has your daughter had this 2019, 7th gen iPad?

What have you done with your daughter's 7th gen iPad to maximise its battery life?

Fast charge iPad 7th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.