You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages on MacOS and DarkMode. Documents remain white. Ridiculous.

I do not understand what´s so difficult about implementing a real DarkMode in Pages. Documents remain white, whilst the App is running in DarkMode. Why the heck do I have to create a complex workflow, to get Documents look like they way the should be? Why isn´t there an option in the Menu/Display Section to switch at least this feature on/off? Or in preferences? O boy...

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 5:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:04 PM

Try this:

System Preferences > Accessibility > the Display tab > click "Invert Colors". This will give you white type on a black page. I don't know what this would look like with Dark Mode also turned on; I have Lion 10.7.5. Try it without Dark Mode first.

4 replies

Aug 5, 2020 8:31 AM in response to Frank Stoeckle

Pages is a word processor -- showing a document in "dark mode" would change the content of the document. Meaning, using a dark background and white font (for instance) inherently changes the content of the document. So I don't understand what would be the request to Apple on this one. No different than forcing "dark" on presentations in Keynote.

Pages on MacOS and DarkMode. Documents remain white. Ridiculous.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.