Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Usability two monitors on mac os catalina

Hi! This is my first post, first of all sorry for my english, hope you understand me. Im currently using the mbp with an external display were mi external display is the main screen and dock but im finding anoying that when i minimize for example safari on the main screen i have to hold clic on safari icon in the dock and select the tab-window i want to open and not just clic on the icon so it opens like if i was using the mbp screen or 1 monitor. Is there a way so mac os behaves like i want?

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 9:12 PM

If you minimize a document, you must choose it to bring it forward. Just clicking on the Safari icon would not be definitive in which minimized window should open. Clicking the Dock icon just makes the app active.

If you had minimized more than one window, which one of them should open when you click the icon in the Dock?

In the Dock System Preferences, you can disable Minimizing into the Application. Then, the minimize window will show on the Dock and you can select it instead of the App.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 9:12 PM in response to GerGi30

If you minimize a document, you must choose it to bring it forward. Just clicking on the Safari icon would not be definitive in which minimized window should open. Clicking the Dock icon just makes the app active.

If you had minimized more than one window, which one of them should open when you click the icon in the Dock?

In the Dock System Preferences, you can disable Minimizing into the Application. Then, the minimize window will show on the Dock and you can select it instead of the App.

Usability two monitors on mac os catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.