Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to share the Disney app on my AppleTV

The Disney+ app is downloaded on my AppleTV. Can I share this app to be used on another TV set with a relative of mine in another state providing him with my Apple ID and p/w? What are the steps to do this? Thanks

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:46 PM

You shouldn’t share your Apple ID credentials with anyone. You agreed that you would keep the account secure. The account is for individual use, and sharing may have unforeseen consequences (including financial) that can’t be undone. Just don’t.

The Disney+ app and its subscription supports Family Sharing, which is how sharing is intended to be used in the Apple eco system. Then each group member can access the content and services on their own account.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

One adult person will have to be the Organizer, and the others will be invitees.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 4:46 PM in response to rbfrank

You shouldn’t share your Apple ID credentials with anyone. You agreed that you would keep the account secure. The account is for individual use, and sharing may have unforeseen consequences (including financial) that can’t be undone. Just don’t.

The Disney+ app and its subscription supports Family Sharing, which is how sharing is intended to be used in the Apple eco system. Then each group member can access the content and services on their own account.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

One adult person will have to be the Organizer, and the others will be invitees.

I want to share the Disney app on my AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.