Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am finding that messages an individual texts to a group text are showing up in that person individual text thread with me rather than the group text thread. It’s very confusing. How do I correct this?

What can I do to get text messages from others to show up in the correct thread (ie...a group conversation) rather than in their individual thread with me?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 1:24 PM

sharron256 wrote:

What can I do to get text messages from others to show up in the correct thread (ie...a group conversation) rather than in their individual thread with me?

Somebody in the group doesn't have MMS enable on their device, they would need to contact their cell phone provider.

1 reply

I am finding that messages an individual texts to a group text are showing up in that person individual text thread with me rather than the group text thread. It’s very confusing. How do I correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.