Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a iMovie presentation with voice over from powerpoint

I need to create an iMovie which is a PowerPoint presentation plus a voice over. In order to get the power point slides into iMovie there seem to be two options. Either save each pp slide as an image and then pull then in one at a time or export the pp presentation as a movie and pull it in as a single stream. The issue is I will need the slides to play for different times based on the voice length - if I bring the pp presentation in as a movie can I vary the length each slide plays for as they will come in as a standard length . Obviously shortening them is easy .

thanks

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 7:31 PM

You could do it either way.

If you bring in the PP slides as separate images it would be easy to adjust the duration of each image by dragging its edge to match the voice over duration. That is the way that I personally would prefer.

It a bit more complicated with a PP presentation that is a movie. If you bring in the PP presentation as a movie you would need to do a Modify/Split Clip at the front and end of each slide to divide it into little mini-movie slides. To change the duration of each mini-movie slide you adjust its speed to set how long it will display on the screen. To do that, control click on the clip and select Show Speed Editor from the drop down menu. A speed adjustment slider will appear in the upper right hand corner of the clip. Slide it left to increase its speed and right to decrease its speed. If course, if there is movement within the slide it would become slo-mo or fast-mo depending on how much you decrease or increase the speed. It might not matter.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 7:31 PM in response to howard46

You could do it either way.

If you bring in the PP slides as separate images it would be easy to adjust the duration of each image by dragging its edge to match the voice over duration. That is the way that I personally would prefer.

It a bit more complicated with a PP presentation that is a movie. If you bring in the PP presentation as a movie you would need to do a Modify/Split Clip at the front and end of each slide to divide it into little mini-movie slides. To change the duration of each mini-movie slide you adjust its speed to set how long it will display on the screen. To do that, control click on the clip and select Show Speed Editor from the drop down menu. A speed adjustment slider will appear in the upper right hand corner of the clip. Slide it left to increase its speed and right to decrease its speed. If course, if there is movement within the slide it would become slo-mo or fast-mo depending on how much you decrease or increase the speed. It might not matter.

-- Rich

Creating a iMovie presentation with voice over from powerpoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.