Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make my narration sync with individual slides

I am moving an old Powerpoint into iMovie so I can create it as a movie. I have imported the individual slides from the PowerPoint. Is there a way to record my narration and then adjust the length of the slide? My narration will not be of the same length for each slide.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 9:58 PM

You can use iMovie's Voiceover feature (Window/Voiceover) to record individual audio clips of your narration that you can place along the timeline. Then you can drag the edge of each still image to make its duration equal to the voiceover clip beneath it.

If you already have a long audio clip narration, you can do a Modify/Split Clip at appropriate places in the clip to move the individual segments under the desired video clip.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 9:58 PM in response to Mary Frost

You can use iMovie's Voiceover feature (Window/Voiceover) to record individual audio clips of your narration that you can place along the timeline. Then you can drag the edge of each still image to make its duration equal to the voiceover clip beneath it.

If you already have a long audio clip narration, you can do a Modify/Split Clip at appropriate places in the clip to move the individual segments under the desired video clip.

-- Rich

How can I make my narration sync with individual slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.