Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noobie imovie voiceover advice needed.

A question about how to use imovie to create a video presentation project. I want to make a presentation that starts with the audience seeing and hearing me introduce a topic. Then the presentation continues with images of items but with my voice-over describing each item. I would like to swap back and forward a few times during the presentation between me and the items.

Is it possible to do this with imovie? If so what is the easiest method. Thanks for any help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 3:39 AM

There are various methods depending on what you want to do.

If you wish to film yourself giving the whole verbal presentation you can put the video in the timeline.

Then simply add the image above the timeline where you want it to appear and Hey Presto the image will appear in place of you whilst your voice will continue to be heard.

You can then drag the edges of the image to lengthen or shorten the time it appears on the screen and reposition it if necessary.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 3:39 AM in response to Ian999

There are various methods depending on what you want to do.

If you wish to film yourself giving the whole verbal presentation you can put the video in the timeline.

Then simply add the image above the timeline where you want it to appear and Hey Presto the image will appear in place of you whilst your voice will continue to be heard.

You can then drag the edges of the image to lengthen or shorten the time it appears on the screen and reposition it if necessary.

Noobie imovie voiceover advice needed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.