Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage used up by messages. How to backup before deleting?

I'm out of iCloud storage. Much of it is from messages. I want to delete them without losing the photos and videos stored in there. Some are old. How can I download ALL the iMessage attachments from ALL of my conversations stored in "Messages In the Cloud" before deleting them for the purpose of freeing up iCloud storage space? There doesn't seem to be a single way of doing this in bulk that I can find. Does a bulk method exist?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:28 PM

I don’t know how to do it with all conversations at once, but if you go to a specific conversation, and then press on the name of the contact in the top of the conversation, and then info, you will then see all of the pictures you have sent and received. There you can select them all at once and then download them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 4:28 PM in response to StudioCrash

I don’t know how to do it with all conversations at once, but if you go to a specific conversation, and then press on the name of the contact in the top of the conversation, and then info, you will then see all of the pictures you have sent and received. There you can select them all at once and then download them.

iCloud storage used up by messages. How to backup before deleting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.