Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not syncing purchased music with MacBook Air

Hi

I have recently set up an account on a new laptop. For some reason, Apple Music is not downloading all my iTunes purchased music. If I go into iTunes Store in Apple Music, select purchased>Not in My Library all the purchases are listed, but I have to select each artist and Download All, which given the amount of music I have purchased over the years is laborious.

I have authorised the Mac Book in Music and deauthorised my old one. I have attached a screen shot of my General Settings.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 5:39 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 6, 2020 4:43 AM in response to cp from OH

Hi

Thanks for this. I had already followed these steps, but it is still not working. Having used the Music>Account> Check for available downloads, I am being told there are no downloads to be downloaded!

However, having checked Purchases I still have nearly all my purchases needing to be downloaded.

I have also selected the Automatic Downloads option in Music>Preferences.

Aug 6, 2020 6:45 AM in response to Minty01

Typically if you have either Apple Music or iTunes Match you would enable the Sync Library option shown in your first screenshot so that you can access all of your iCloud Music Library, not just unhidden past purchases.

You can make a smart playlist with the rule Location is not on this computer to capture content that needs downloading so you can easily select all of it (or batches) to download.

tt2

Apple Music not syncing purchased music with MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.