Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro Decrease volume button not working

On my iPad Pro the side buttons to control up & down volume no longer decreases volume. The up button works fine, but nothing happens when I use volume down button. The increase volume brings up the ringer volume bar, but the decrease button doesn’t do anything. I’ve done a reboot & no improvement . It just stopped working. I can still control volume in settings, but what a pain, especially when using AirPod.

No Apple store nearby to troubleshoot. Thoughts?

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 7:13 PM

Hello,

You will need to call Apple for diagnosis.

Contact AppleCare

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 2, 2020 4:20 PM in response to QuickPost

So I did call and even though my iPad Pro is just over a year old, they gave me two options. Option 1) since there is no Apple store within a 2+ hour drive, I can have them send me a box to mail it out for diagnostic testing for $605.00! When I asked if someone can contact me to find out the actual cost of repair, I was told they would just replace it and not repair it. Option 2) drive to an Apple store, which will take an entire day with driving & appointment time to find out about repair options. When I asked about potential costs, I got IDK. When asked more about cost at store level, it just sounds like I would be out $605.00 to fix a button that randomly just stopped working and that repair is not done, just will replace.

This is crazy since the trade in value is $480. I’m simply paying the same to update. I’m visually impaired and need to larger screen for accessibility, but should not have to spend so much money, time, or energy on fixing this issue.

IPad Pro Decrease volume button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.