You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mailbox won’t delete

I have tried several times to delete mail boxes on my iPad and iPhone but they just won’t delete. The email address was hacked so I’m trying to delete all the mailboxes to that address . They just won’t go.. why ?

iPad Pro, 13

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 5:28 AM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2020 3:01 PM in response to Wardav

Hi there Wardav,

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with deleting mailboxes on your iPhone and iPad, and we'd like to share some steps that may help.

If you've created these custom mailboxes, check out how to delete them here: Use mailboxes to organize email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically, use the steps below:

"Delete mailboxes

When you delete a custom mailbox, it permanently deletes all of the email messages inside of the mailbox and from your account. Before you delete a mailbox, you can move your email to another mailbox.

To delete a mailbox:

1. Go to your Mailboxes list and tap Edit in the upper-right corner.
  2. Tap the mailbox you want to delete.
  3. Tap Delete Mailbox.
  4. Tap Delete, then tap Done.

You can only delete custom mailboxes."

If these aren't custom mailboxes, sign in to your email service provider's website, and attempt to delete the mailboxes directly through there.

We hope this helps!

Mailbox won’t delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.