Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac 21.5 2012 model when starts up boots, stays on for about 30 sec then shuts down, tells me problem and rstarts again and does same thing

I have an IMAC 21.5 2012 model when boots up stays on for about 30 secs then shuts down get msg saying problem with computer and then it starts to reboot , have completely shut it down and rebooted, same problem tried to start from safe boot same problem - but stays on for about a minute then,

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 8:25 AM

Try starting up in Safe Mode, as per > How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

If that works, restart normally and test.

If that doesn't work, Startup in macOS Recovery, choose Disk Utility, select your Macintosh HD and run First Aid on your Macintosh HD, as per > How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 8:25 AM in response to bill fm goodlettsville

Try starting up in Safe Mode, as per > How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

If that works, restart normally and test.

If that doesn't work, Startup in macOS Recovery, choose Disk Utility, select your Macintosh HD and run First Aid on your Macintosh HD, as per > How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

Aug 2, 2020 9:15 AM in response to bill fm goodlettsville

Can you reinstall macOS while in Recovery?

If not, then it is starting to sound more like a hardware issue.

Next try the Apple Diagnostics, as per > How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

If Apple Diagnostics turns up a hardware problem or fails to run? Then you will need to schedule a Service Appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple - Find Locations

Imac 21.5 2012 model when starts up boots, stays on for about 30 sec then shuts down, tells me problem and rstarts again and does same thing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.