Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drop Cap from Pages only displays in macOS Apple Books and not iOS

I'm exporting my Pages doc as an EPUB and when viewing in Apple Books in both iOS and macOS, the drop cap only displays in macOS Apple Books. In iOS Apple Books, the drop cap is missing.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Herc.

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:36 AM

In parallel to my drop cap question, I came across a second issue where the book stopped loading altogether on iOS with the following error message, "apple books failed to load book because the requested resource is missing".

I read another post about deleting my Apple Books and reinstalling which fixed that loading problem, and blammo, the drop cap appeared.

I should also note that I updated my macOS as you suggested, but I didn't export a new book or anything for this test. I think it was reinstalling Apple Books that may have resolved the issue.

Thanks.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 10:36 AM in response to VikingOSX

In parallel to my drop cap question, I came across a second issue where the book stopped loading altogether on iOS with the following error message, "apple books failed to load book because the requested resource is missing".

I read another post about deleting my Apple Books and reinstalling which fixed that loading problem, and blammo, the drop cap appeared.

I should also note that I updated my macOS as you suggested, but I didn't export a new book or anything for this test. I think it was reinstalling Apple Books that may have resolved the issue.

Thanks.

Drop Cap from Pages only displays in macOS Apple Books and not iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.