Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mackbook Air WiFi won’t turn on & missing.

At first, the wifi status shows : off. I tried to turn it on but it’s still not working. So, googled and found this on the apple community page. Many people said it is helpful so I tried. As step number 3, I have deleted the wifi option and restarted my MacBook exactly like she recommends. But the problem with step 6 is that I can’t add “+” the wifi connection back, there’s no option there. Please help!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 6:51 PM

Try running the Apple Diagnostics.

Try an SMC reset.

Try booting into Safe Mode.

Check the Apple System Profiler by Option-clicking on the Apple menu and selecting the first option. Click on the "WiFi" option on the left pane and see if the hardware details appear in the right pane. You should see a hardware ID and other details for the WiFi card. If you don't see the hardware details for the WiFi card, then the card is most likely bad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 6:51 PM in response to nath1144

Try running the Apple Diagnostics.

Try an SMC reset.

Try booting into Safe Mode.

Check the Apple System Profiler by Option-clicking on the Apple menu and selecting the first option. Click on the "WiFi" option on the left pane and see if the hardware details appear in the right pane. You should see a hardware ID and other details for the WiFi card. If you don't see the hardware details for the WiFi card, then the card is most likely bad.

Mackbook Air WiFi won’t turn on & missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.