Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I watch a rented movie on my PC, or simply search for a movie or show?

Apple TV+ in my browser only displays a simple, graphical list of shows that could watch. There is no search functionality or link to a library of what's available or what I have purchased.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 11:20 AM

I think you need you use the "Apple TV App" It has a tab for one's library. Try that and see if you find what you're looking for. Apple TV + is a streaming service (like a Hulu or Netflix, sort of). You can learn more about Apple TV+ here.

-- JDee

5 replies

Aug 2, 2020 9:30 PM in response to GnipGnop

Yeah, no. That’s not what you actually appear to be using, at least based on your post. The image you posted is of the Apple TV+ home page. The Apple TV+ logo on the upper right hand corner is the tell. Apple TV+ is a streaming service.

That’s a different thing than the “Apple TV (no +) App” that I linked to. If you click the link I posted and scroll down there appears is a graphic of what the Apple TV App looks like and there are 3 tabs at the bottom of that App — “Watch Now” Up “Library” & “Search” - tap Library and you’ll see what you’ve purchased from iTunes. Tap watch Now Natalie you’ll see offerings.

What you posted is not the Apple TV App. You should maybe try that.

Aug 3, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Rudegar

I believe you're right - there is no actual Apple TV App for PC. Any link I follow from Apple's TV App page to watch a show just takes me to the page I mentioned previously. It's fairly useless unless you just want to watch one of their original content shows, and even then you have to simply scroll down until you find it.

I was finally able to find and watch my rental through iTunes, but you're right, none of their original content seems to be available there. Odd that they're disconnected on the Windows platform.

How do I watch a rented movie on my PC, or simply search for a movie or show?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.