Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

maps is not displaying on mac

When I open Maps App, satellite works fine, but maps is showing just grids and nothing else. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried rebooting, confirmed time and location (us region) and deleted cache. any other tips?

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 7:09 PM

Kevin Shin Said:

"maps is not displaying on mac: When I open Maps App, satellite works fine, but maps is showing just grids and nothing else. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried rebooting, confirmed time and location (us region) and deleted cache. any other tips?"

-------

Try This:

• Create a New Administrator user - see if it works in that User.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Maps) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 7:09 PM in response to kevin Shin

Kevin Shin Said:

"maps is not displaying on mac: When I open Maps App, satellite works fine, but maps is showing just grids and nothing else. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried rebooting, confirmed time and location (us region) and deleted cache. any other tips?"

-------

Try This:

• Create a New Administrator user - see if it works in that User.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Maps) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

maps is not displaying on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.