Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can’t update apps

it says that’s my password is wrong when i try to update apps but i can download apps with that password and idk what to do??

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 7:11 PM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 7:11 PM in response to katieptaco

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Aug 2, 2020 7:00 PM in response to katieptaco

i can’t update apps Said:

"i can’t update apps: it says that’s my password is wrong when i try to update apps but i can download apps with that password and idk what to do??"

-------

Copy & Paste the Password:

Sign out of iCloud and then Sign Back in. Next, update an app, using the password you copied, by pasting it into the password box.

i can’t update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.