Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave 10.14.6 get stuck every time screen saver starts

After installing the latest update of Mojave 10.14.6 every time my screen saver starts my iMac freezes. When I try to reopen my iMac it takes up to 30 seconds for it to release...

I need to explain, I have a VERY STRONG iMac so specs are not an issue here...

something with the latest update does it... will there be any release soon that will fix the problem?

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 11:40 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 3, 2020 9:28 AM in response to icfish77

We can not speculate as to what's going to be released. However, the issue you are having is commonplace for third party peripherals that are unfamiliar with the low power mode the USB ports go into once the machine goes to sleep.

Use a separate powered USB hub to power devices through a Mac's sleep mode, or use the Screen Saver instead.

You could have drivers that just need updating. Etrecheck is a handy utility to find out if anything in the background could be delaying you, and we can help isolate it:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002463

Mojave 10.14.6 get stuck every time screen saver starts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.