Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery is draining too fast

Hey, team,

I am using Iphone 7 and currently the battery is draining too fast. And it is started happening since one week. But if i see my Battery Health, it shows me "Your Battery is currently supporting normal peak performance".

1) I stopped Background refresh for all the apps

2) I am closing all the apps after usage

But still it is draining too fast.

But if you see my battery usage, even with no activities it is drained very fast. This time i even switched off Mobile data, WiFi, Bluetooth too, But no luck.

And surprisingly, it get charge is also very fast.

not sure what is happening with my Iphone 7.

Is it really battery issue and i need to go for battery replacement, are is there any thing else that i can troubleshoot so that my battery performance will be good.

The reason to ask in this community is , my Battery Peak Performance capability shows "Your Battery is currently supporting normal peak performance". So either issues with the "Peak Performance capability" calculation or i need to do something to bring my battery performance back

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 4:59 AM

it needs replacing at 80%

The drain is usually app related but people have reported many different apps as being the cause.

The next step would be to restore your device, and setup the device without restoring a backup, to see if the issue is replicated. I would first make sure you have a backup so your data is saved.

Here is a guide for those steps:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

and see how it goes

If no improvement send/take it to Apple for new battery. ($49)

If battery works well in this vanilla state, restore from backup but be prepared to wipe again without restore from backup. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 4:59 AM in response to anil4u_04

it needs replacing at 80%

The drain is usually app related but people have reported many different apps as being the cause.

The next step would be to restore your device, and setup the device without restoring a backup, to see if the issue is replicated. I would first make sure you have a backup so your data is saved.

Here is a guide for those steps:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

and see how it goes

If no improvement send/take it to Apple for new battery. ($49)

If battery works well in this vanilla state, restore from backup but be prepared to wipe again without restore from backup. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

Battery is draining too fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.