Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app screen flickering on Macbook Air 13'

I recently purchased the 2020 Macbook air. One wired thing that I have notices is that when I use the Apple TV app to watch a show in full screen mode, there is a significant screen flickering. This problem is only with the full screen display and not when I watch in a window without the full screen.

Please help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 12:47 PM

On my Mabook Air 2020 I had this problem too. I've solved it by disable the option 'Optimize video streaming while on battery power' at the 'Energy Safer' settings in macOS 10.15.6. I did not need to restart, but it can help if it doesn't work yet. Maybe connecting the MacBook Air to the power adapter while streaming may also help. Other tips to reduce flickering can be; downloading the video before watching instead of streaming, disable 'True Tone' and 'Night Shift' during streaming or video playback in general.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 12:47 PM in response to vishwajit927

On my Mabook Air 2020 I had this problem too. I've solved it by disable the option 'Optimize video streaming while on battery power' at the 'Energy Safer' settings in macOS 10.15.6. I did not need to restart, but it can help if it doesn't work yet. Maybe connecting the MacBook Air to the power adapter while streaming may also help. Other tips to reduce flickering can be; downloading the video before watching instead of streaming, disable 'True Tone' and 'Night Shift' during streaming or video playback in general.

Apple TV app screen flickering on Macbook Air 13'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.