Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air 13 - 2 years old. Nothing much in it except a few files. Tried updating to Catalina but got notification that there is not enough space. Any other alternatives aside from deleting files? Thanks

I have a MacBook Air 13 - 2 years old. Nothing much in it except a few files. Tried updating to Catalina but got notification that there is not enough space. Any other alternatives aside from deleting files? Thanks

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 8:03 AM

Booting Safe Mode deletes certain cache files maintained by the system but if available storage is that low for Safe Mode to recover enough space to upgrade, it amounts to desperate measures.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Otherwise, delete files. Don't forget that certain apps maintain their own Trash: Mail and Photos to cite two examples.

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 8:03 AM in response to mrsb555

Booting Safe Mode deletes certain cache files maintained by the system but if available storage is that low for Safe Mode to recover enough space to upgrade, it amounts to desperate measures.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Otherwise, delete files. Don't forget that certain apps maintain their own Trash: Mail and Photos to cite two examples.

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.