Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lighting to USB Camera Adapter

Hi,

if I bought a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter can you plug a USB into the end of it and transfer photos from your iPhone onto the USB? And how do you do it?

Thanks

Jack

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:18 AM

In theory, yes. There are two ways you can import files from a camera or external device. One way is to open the Photos app, tap the new Import tab that appears, select the photos and videos you want to import and choose 'Import'. However, I believe this option only exists on iPadOS, so if you have a recent iPad with a Lightning port, carry out the same steps on that.

Secondly, use the Files app to grab external files from a camera onto an iPad. Open Files and in the sidebar, tap the name of your camera that appears. Navigate to the respective folder that your photos or videos are located in, select the ones you want, and tap Share > Save as image.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 7:18 AM in response to JackT44

In theory, yes. There are two ways you can import files from a camera or external device. One way is to open the Photos app, tap the new Import tab that appears, select the photos and videos you want to import and choose 'Import'. However, I believe this option only exists on iPadOS, so if you have a recent iPad with a Lightning port, carry out the same steps on that.

Secondly, use the Files app to grab external files from a camera onto an iPad. Open Files and in the sidebar, tap the name of your camera that appears. Navigate to the respective folder that your photos or videos are located in, select the ones you want, and tap Share > Save as image.

Lighting to USB Camera Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.