Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID not visible in System preferences

I am trying to apply the following on my iMac High Sierra version 10.13.6

Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID..

But in "System Preferences" on my Mac there is no Apple ID listed to click on.

Thanks for help!

Harry

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 10:36 AM

Open System Preferences. Look for one that is labeled, iCloud. You use that to log into and out of your Apple ID account on the computer. When you upgrade to Catalina, you will find that the iCloud preference pane has been replaced by one named, Apple ID. They are not located in the same place in the System Preferences window. The iCloud pane is in the same row as Network preferences.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Muizen

Open System Preferences. Look for one that is labeled, iCloud. You use that to log into and out of your Apple ID account on the computer. When you upgrade to Catalina, you will find that the iCloud preference pane has been replaced by one named, Apple ID. They are not located in the same place in the System Preferences window. The iCloud pane is in the same row as Network preferences.

Aug 4, 2020 9:53 AM in response to Old Toad

To: Old Toad

I am trying to apply the following on my iMac High Sierra version 10.13.6

Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID..

But in "System Preferences" on my Mac there is no Apple ID listed to click on.

You now do show me the way to get to iCloud.

But that is not my problem:

I like to understand how I can click, as instructed on "Apple ID", not on iCloud.

Harry

Apple ID not visible in System preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.