Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Migration Assistant creates second user

After setting up my first ever Mac and creating a user ID and setting up my email accounts, I then used Windows Migration Assistant to transfer files from my PC to my new Mac. This has resulted in a second user on my Mac which has access to all the files from my old PC and the first user ID which has emails but no access to the data. Can i do anything about this?

Can I delete the second user created with the data transfer, but keep the data?

Or can I transfer the data to the other ID I created when first setting up the MAC?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:11 PM

Hi there Strada_Bianchi,

It sounds like you have two user accounts on your new Mac, one with your email accounts that you set up, and another set up from Migration Assistant with your data. We'd like to help out with this.

To best resolve this, you can set your email accounts up on the user created through Migration Assistant to ensure access to your data. Learn more about moving from a Windows PC to Mac here: Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac

We hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 3:11 PM in response to Strada_Bianchi

Hi there Strada_Bianchi,

It sounds like you have two user accounts on your new Mac, one with your email accounts that you set up, and another set up from Migration Assistant with your data. We'd like to help out with this.

To best resolve this, you can set your email accounts up on the user created through Migration Assistant to ensure access to your data. Learn more about moving from a Windows PC to Mac here: Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac

We hope this helps!

Windows Migration Assistant creates second user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.