Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 Acura RDX: Carplay is keep disconnecting randomly

Carplay keeps disconnecting in my 2020 Acura.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 2:43 PM

4 replies

Aug 6, 2020 1:45 PM in response to chris_g1

I am going to chime in on this thread, as I have been observing the same issues with CarPlay on my 2020 RDX. It seems to have become particularly bothersome on iOS 13.6. I occasionally experienced this in prior iOS versions, but it was not as frequent. Most times when CarPlay would crash, it would be the result of a problematic app--Spotify was notorious for this.

I cannot determine if it is a specific application, because I have had it "disconnect" over an hour later--after listening to 1.25 podcasts (an entire episode and a quarter of another episode). I have had it repeatedly disconnect while not doing anything other than navigation via Apple Maps--about every 15-20 minutes. Interestingly, after a short time--less than 5 minutes--the phone will reconnect.

I am using an iPhone 8 connected via USB to the infotainment unit. I am convinced this is something with introduced with iOS 13.6.

2020 Acura RDX: Carplay is keep disconnecting randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.