Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my screen shots??

Hi I do command/Control/Shift 4 or 3 to take a partial or full page screen shot and it doesn't show up on my desktop! Any idea where my screenshot went???

HELP!!!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:55 PM

Drop the control key...

List of Shortcuts:

Mac OS X

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the

desktop

Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard

Command-Control-Shift-4: then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area, and save it to the clipboard

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 7:55 PM in response to Jomo12

Drop the control key...

List of Shortcuts:

Mac OS X

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the

desktop

Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard

Command-Control-Shift-4: then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area, and save it to the clipboard

Where are my screen shots??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.