Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring purchases from old appleID

When updating my software to Catalina, I am missing several movies in the AppleTV app that were purchased under an appleID/email address that no longer exists. I can’t even recover the password because the ID no longer exists according to Apple. These purchases were made over 5 years ago and I had no issues until this update. Please someone help or I’m out several hundreds of dollars!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 8:26 PM

Purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to that Apple ID. If you not longer have the Apple ID, then those items will have to be re-purchased. You've spoken with Apple about this, so, if they can't help you, then neither can we. You can try Item 8 below to see if the old Apple ID is still listed.

For Problems With Your Apple ID

1. Forgot iCloud Password
  2. Forgot Apple ID
  3. iForgot Password - Apple ID
  4. iForgot UserName - Apple ID
  5. Apple ID Password Change
  6. Apple ID Name Change
  7. Apple ID - Apple Support
  8. Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses
  9. About your Apple ID email addresses
  10. Get help with Apple ID
  11. Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support
  12. What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

FYI: These are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

These forums only provide help with Apple products. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 8:26 PM in response to bward1207

Purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to that Apple ID. If you not longer have the Apple ID, then those items will have to be re-purchased. You've spoken with Apple about this, so, if they can't help you, then neither can we. You can try Item 8 below to see if the old Apple ID is still listed.

For Problems With Your Apple ID

1. Forgot iCloud Password
  2. Forgot Apple ID
  3. iForgot Password - Apple ID
  4. iForgot UserName - Apple ID
  5. Apple ID Password Change
  6. Apple ID Name Change
  7. Apple ID - Apple Support
  8. Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses
  9. About your Apple ID email addresses
  10. Get help with Apple ID
  11. Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support
  12. What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

FYI: These are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

These forums only provide help with Apple products. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Restoring purchases from old appleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.