Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading to Mojave from Catalina. Can't download Mojave from App Store.

Hello,

I visited an apple certified repair center in the Philippines last week, and they suggested I might downgrade to Mojave from Catalina for performance improvements.

Since Mojave doesn't come up for some reason when searching on the App Store, I found a link that should send me to the Mojave download page on the app store. It asks me to open it with the App Store, and then after trying to load for a minute it gives me an error "Can't connect to App Store". I made sure it wasn't an internet connection issue by updating some apps and it worked no problem.

This is the Mojave download link that's giving me the error message:

https://apps.apple.com/ph/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

This is the actual message:

Not sure why I'm having this problem. Is it my philippines location? I tried from both a VPN location in San Francisco, and also without the VPN here in Philippines.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 1:02 AM

3 replies

Aug 5, 2020 11:37 AM in response to Generic_Handle365

What performance problems are you having? Perhaps it would be best to see if those could be resolved before regressing to an older system.

Also download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the Etrecheck's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click and read the About info to further permit full disk access.

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine what might be causing the problem.

Downgrading to Mojave from Catalina. Can't download Mojave from App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.