Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone get public ip addres, not the private ip addres assigned by my wifi router which is working as DHCP server

my iphone only could get public ip addres, not the private ip addres assigned by my wifi router which is working as DHCP server; i have 3 iphones, and one IPad; and iphone max 11 and ipad could get the private IP addres and work fine; but the iphone 8 and iphone 6 could n't get the private ip address, only can get the public ip address, which cause couldn't visit any internet site; I tried to configure the fix ip address for the iphone6,then it works; I doubt which maybe caused by iOS, feel very weired it seems happen from yesterday. or is it possible that my iphone was hacked by someone. anyone has met the issue before?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:42 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 8, 2020 8:21 AM in response to kk113

Hi kk113,

We see that you're experiencing an issue with your Wi-Fi network showing a public network, and we will get out best to assist.

Let's start with making sure you have a current backup and the software is up-to-date by following the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You'll also want to follow the steps found in the following resource, to help troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connectivity: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Take care.

my iphone get public ip addres, not the private ip addres assigned by my wifi router which is working as DHCP server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.