Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not recognise my iPhone

Hello,

Everytime I try to sync either my iPhone 8 or my iPhone 11 to my iTunes on PC, it will not show up in the app. It connects to the PC just fine and shows up in my Windows settings, but iTunes simply won't work with it. Any advice? Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 5:07 AM

What is the exact message you're stopping on? The steps are tested with the direct download version of iTunes rather than the one from the Microsoft Store which I think may behave differently, but assuming you have the older type of installation you should tell Windows to use the selected driver file anyway and it should fix things. Failing that try Apple's advice in HT204095: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 5:07 AM in response to NukaCorgi

What is the exact message you're stopping on? The steps are tested with the direct download version of iTunes rather than the one from the Microsoft Store which I think may behave differently, but assuming you have the older type of installation you should tell Windows to use the selected driver file anyway and it should fix things. Failing that try Apple's advice in HT204095: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support.

tt2

iTunes will not recognise my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.