Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes does not recognize my iphone xr. How do I resolve this issue?

I would like to download or upload items from my computer to my iphone using ITunes however, my ITumes does not recognize my iphone. On my previous Mac, when I connected my Iphone to the computer and opened Itunes, it was immediately recognized. Why am I having this problem with my new computer and new iphone?

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 11:38 AM

Check for macOS updates and apply any available. If that doesn’t clear this, then restart your iPhone, and restart your Mac into Safe Mode, and try again. iTunes can need to download a patch for itself—unlike just about everything else updating within macOS, iTunes does its own thing here, and iTunes sometimes gets stuck while trying to load that iTunes patch for itself.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 11:38 AM in response to journie111

Check for macOS updates and apply any available. If that doesn’t clear this, then restart your iPhone, and restart your Mac into Safe Mode, and try again. iTunes can need to download a patch for itself—unlike just about everything else updating within macOS, iTunes does its own thing here, and iTunes sometimes gets stuck while trying to load that iTunes patch for itself.

ITunes does not recognize my iphone xr. How do I resolve this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.