You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding personal music added to iPhone?

Is there any way to import a track (.mp4 or .mp3) to an iPhone (I have Apple Music) from my laptop? I have lots of tracks of my son singing I would like to listen to on my iPhone.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 11:45 AM

Apple is notoriously complicated in attempting to walk a straight line! LOL. I am seeking a way to download personal songs onto my iPhone so I can walk around without Wi-Fi or a cellular connection to hear them. In simple to follow steps, how does one prepare the songs, where should I put them to get them over to my iPhone, and what permissions, etc, do I need to do so? Thank you to all!

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2020 11:45 AM in response to LACAllen

Apple is notoriously complicated in attempting to walk a straight line! LOL. I am seeking a way to download personal songs onto my iPhone so I can walk around without Wi-Fi or a cellular connection to hear them. In simple to follow steps, how does one prepare the songs, where should I put them to get them over to my iPhone, and what permissions, etc, do I need to do so? Thank you to all!

Aug 6, 2020 7:21 AM in response to PSavigny

PSavigny wrote:

How? I've tried everything. My iphone just doesn't import any songs since I joined Apple Music. Only Apple approved trracks.

Apple Music should not prevent you from adding tracks to your library on a Mac/PC, not an iOS device..

You've never been able to add music directly to an iOS device.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/itunes/itns933141ea/windows

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/music/mus3081/mac

Aug 6, 2020 7:28 AM in response to PSavigny

PSavigny wrote:

It appears that Apple blocks any personal tracks once the Apple Music account is enabled. Why? Still afraid of illegal downloads?

Simply not true.

Your own CD tracks etc. are synced with you iCloud Music Library. Where is your local iTunes music library? On a Mac or PC? If you are only streaming, then no, you can't stream your own music. Nothing to do with illegal downloads.

As i said earlier, a linked local library is required.

Adding personal music added to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.