Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I attach hearing aids to apple watch?

My hearing aids are connected to Bluetooth. I'm trying to connect Phonak hearing aids to apple watch series 5.

Thanks,

Linda

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 2:48 PM

On the watch, click Settings/Bluetooth and wait for the Phonaks to show up. It might say not connected. To connect them, open and close the right hearing aid briefly and put it close to the watch. Click the Phonaks on the watch again so that you get the swirling icon that indicates it's trying to connect. You will then see "connected" next to the Phonaks and then you will be able to hear whatever you do on your watch - make a call, listen to podcasts, music, etc. Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 2:48 PM in response to Kentuckybabe

On the watch, click Settings/Bluetooth and wait for the Phonaks to show up. It might say not connected. To connect them, open and close the right hearing aid briefly and put it close to the watch. Click the Phonaks on the watch again so that you get the swirling icon that indicates it's trying to connect. You will then see "connected" next to the Phonaks and then you will be able to hear whatever you do on your watch - make a call, listen to podcasts, music, etc. Hope this helps.

Aug 6, 2020 7:51 PM in response to Kentuckybabe

Hi Linda, this is strictly anecdotal, but I found a 2019 thread on the Hearing Tracker forum where one of the posters states, in relevant part, that:

"I have Phonak Marvels and it pairs with my Apple watch series 5 no problem. I can stream podcast, music and answer phone calls from my watch without my iPhone X nearby. Very easy to switch between watch and iphone. The Phonaks are in the drop down menue just like my other previously paired bluetooth earphones. I do have cell capabilities on my watch."

Unfortunately, that's about all the detail about how that's given.

I found an article from an online store in 2017 that lists 4 companies, not including Phonak, as working with Apple Watch, but that was years ago and the tech has of course changed significantly. Lastly, I found this, from Apple, that addresses pairing hearing devices with iPad OS. Really wanted to help here, but I struck out. Sorry. :-(

Have you tried contacting Apple Support, or Phonak support.

Hope you find a solution.

-- JDee

How do I attach hearing aids to apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.