Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE SURVEY E-MAIL. LEGIT OR NOT?

I bought an iPhone recently. Today, I received an e-mail apparently from Apple and had a link to a survey for my feedback on my iPhone. I clicked on it and was taken to the survey.

It had a good number of questions and asked things like the estimated date of purchase of the phone, what phone I was using earlier, for how long and why I didn’t trade my older phone etc. It asked the name of my current Sim card provider and also asked whether I had any previous Apple devices. It enquired about my use of Apple accessories etc.

It didn’t really ask for any personal information as such apart from my age range, gender and whether I was a student or not but I’m kind of skeptical about it all. Does Apple send such survey e-mails? I did change my Apple ID password afterwards.

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 6:07 AM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2020 6:38 AM in response to First Magus

I did buy it from a reputable Apple certified reseller since my country doesn’t have Apple Stores.

Since I viewed the email and the survey on my phone, I don’t really know about hovering the cursor on the link part. I’m sharing screenshot of the email. I’m also sharing a screenshot of the website that I reach when I click the unsubscribe “here” button at the bottom. It seems to be the official Apple Page.

The e-mail Id from which the e-mail was received is MarketResearch_Europe@insideapple.apple.com

Aug 7, 2020 6:15 AM in response to Jarus03

Did you buy direct from Apple?

The only way to be sure that any email is genuine is to investigate the URLs that are REALLY on links and buttons.

What URL displays when you hover your cursor over the blue [Take the Survey] button? If it has the " apple.com " at the end of the domain, it is very likely genuine - it may likely have a subdomain in front of it like the email address does " insideapple.apple.com " although that as a URL in a browser goes nowhere but an error page AT apple.com.

Mort

APPLE SURVEY E-MAIL. LEGIT OR NOT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.