Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 sound cutting in and out

I have been trying to FaceTime with my girlfriend for weeks now and her new iPhone causes the sound to cut in and out. Almost as if the microphone is turning on and off. The video itself does not freeze or change.

Have searched through your archives and tried all the previously suggested archives. Restarting, testing with voice memo and video, making sure software is updated, checking internet/data connection, turning off/on FaceTime, using computer FaceTime in the same location without issue...

Are there any suggestions I have missed or is this a known issue that needs to head directly to tech support?

Thanks!

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 10:02 AM

Hey KLindsay11!

It sounds like you've been struggling to connect through FaceTime on your girlfriend's iPhone 11. You've done some good troubleshooting for this; we've got some tips to help you both out.

Does the same issue happen when she uses FaceTime with other contacts? If so, this could be related to the network. Has she tried other Wi-Fi networks to be sure? If so, then Contact Apple Support

Here's the reason in If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch under section, "If you have connection or sound quality issues with FaceTime".

Wishing you the best!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 10:02 AM in response to KLindsay11

Hey KLindsay11!

It sounds like you've been struggling to connect through FaceTime on your girlfriend's iPhone 11. You've done some good troubleshooting for this; we've got some tips to help you both out.

Does the same issue happen when she uses FaceTime with other contacts? If so, this could be related to the network. Has she tried other Wi-Fi networks to be sure? If so, then Contact Apple Support

Here's the reason in If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch under section, "If you have connection or sound quality issues with FaceTime".

Wishing you the best!

iPhone 11 sound cutting in and out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.