Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos from iPhone to Mac

Does anyone know why I am unable to import photos form my iphone to my Mac? When I connect my iPhone to Mac and go into photos to import it only shows a few old photos available to import and not any of my new photos on my phone.

Could this be due to I changed the settings on my iPhone (iCloud for photos) a few months ago and now I have over 55,000 photos on my phone. All the photos from my Mac have now been imported to my phone. I want to delete this photos but then I am worried they will be deleted from iCloud as well.

I really just wanted to make sure I don't lose my photos from my Mac and iCloud.

THanks

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 1:01 AM

On your iPhone Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (At the Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Photos ➔ iCloud Photos - Set this to OFF

Once you do this then the photos on your iPhone will NOT synch with iCloud and therefore will stop synching Photos with your Mac as well. You can then delete the photos on your iPhone and they will remain on iCloud and on your Mac.

On the other hand, if you turn Photos in iCloud to ON again in the future then all those photos will come right back from iCloud and your Mac to your iPhone.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 1:01 AM in response to megs275

On your iPhone Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (At the Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Photos ➔ iCloud Photos - Set this to OFF

Once you do this then the photos on your iPhone will NOT synch with iCloud and therefore will stop synching Photos with your Mac as well. You can then delete the photos on your iPhone and they will remain on iCloud and on your Mac.

On the other hand, if you turn Photos in iCloud to ON again in the future then all those photos will come right back from iCloud and your Mac to your iPhone.

Axel F.

Importing photos from iPhone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.