Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook disappeared from ipad

the outlook icon disappeared from my apple pad. Tried to download from App Store but it is not the same and does not let me use my password info. The outlook app is still fine on my iPhone. Help!

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 4:29 AM

Just to be clear, the app in question is Microsoft’s Outlook, correct? Did you in fact need to redownload it from the App store?

Also, if you are in fact setting it up again on the iPad, and it doesn’t recognize your password, there is either a problem with your mail account (contact the provider), or possibly you are inadvertently inputting incorrect information. The account, not the app, determines the login credentials. Very the login before trying again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 4:29 AM in response to phillisfromlouisville

Just to be clear, the app in question is Microsoft’s Outlook, correct? Did you in fact need to redownload it from the App store?

Also, if you are in fact setting it up again on the iPad, and it doesn’t recognize your password, there is either a problem with your mail account (contact the provider), or possibly you are inadvertently inputting incorrect information. The account, not the app, determines the login credentials. Very the login before trying again.

Aug 8, 2020 12:07 PM in response to phillisfromlouisville

phillisfromlouisville Said:

“Outlook disappeared from ipad: [...]it says I need to add account or create account. The outlook is all my work email. It will not accept my password etc. I went to my work Outlook at all my info let me in. Why is it still on my iPhone?

———-

Do you Need an App Password?:

Use an App Password with Outlook App:

Chat with Microsoft, go through this to set up your account to be accessed on Mail, Outlook, and on other Apps. You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Getting an App Password:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click: Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

Why it Disappeared:

I’m not so sure why it would have just disappeared, but contact Microsoft and ask them while communicating with them.

Outlook disappeared from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.