Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync music from Mac to iPhone

When trying to manually sync music from my MacBook Pro to my iPhone 11, nothing happens and an error message arises stating "Some files were not copied to the iPhone because Cloud Music Library is enabled on this iPhone." So I researched this topic and discovered that Cloud Music Library is only associated with Apple Music, which I am not subscribed to. I also saw people having a similar issue and saying there was a setting to turn off the "Sync Library" option in the iPhone music settings; however, this option does not work for me as the slider will not stay on off and the problem persists. I have tried nearly every "solution" recommended to me and nothing has worked thus far.

Wondering if anybody could help figure this out.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 6:01 AM

iCloud Music Library is a component of both iTunes Match and Apple Music. If you have either service then you would normally enable it in both library and device, and music and playlists would sync over the air automatically instead of using USB.

If you would prefer to sync via USB then on the phone use Settings > Music > Sync Library > Off.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 6:01 AM in response to nb1011

iCloud Music Library is a component of both iTunes Match and Apple Music. If you have either service then you would normally enable it in both library and device, and music and playlists would sync over the air automatically instead of using USB.

If you would prefer to sync via USB then on the phone use Settings > Music > Sync Library > Off.

tt2

Cannot sync music from Mac to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.