Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Bookmarks on iOS 10 & 9 not syncing with my iCloud account

Something happened to my iCloud account after I connected my iCloud account on the same mac with OS X Mojave. Then suddenly, Safari bookmarks on mobile devices running iOS 10 and 9 stopped syncing bookmarks with an iCloud account (between each other and two Macs with High Sierra). Then I checked the issue on a newly created iCloud account and logged in with it on both mobile devices and found that the bookmarks sync perfectly with the new iCloud account.

Is there a way to fix this problem staying with the same iCloud account?

If not I could switch all my Apple devices to a newly created account to solve this problem, since I could migrate some of my iCloud data to a new account. But I don't know how to transfer 16,500 songs added to iTunes from Apple Music to a new account.

Is there a way to fix the Safari bookmark syncing error that exists in my Apple account, or is there a way to completely migrate all data from one Apple ID account to another with the migration of all data, including all data stored in Apple services?

Thanks.

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 11:44 AM

On the Mojave computer, Try Safari/File/Export Bookmarks. Once you have a backup copy, delete all the Bookmarks from Safari. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and turn Safari syncing off.

See if you can sync Bookmarks on the devices and High Sierra computers.

Similar questions

1 reply

Safari Bookmarks on iOS 10 & 9 not syncing with my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.