Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an unknown workflow or script made with automator?

Hi! As my question will show, I am very new to this. I tried to make an automated process moving files from subdirectories to one single one. It never worked, but I saved my tryouts as workflow and app as part of the finder. Since then, each time I use now the finder, it prompts me to do whatever I made the script to do. It has no real results, but it bothers me. How can I make the script go away when using the finder? Thank you

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 2:56 PM

Look in your Home/Library/Workflows folder. It could be in any number of subfolders: Applications, Services, Scripts.

Another location is Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Apple/Automator/Workflows

If you know the name of the script use Find Any File to search it. Or, if it's a workflow search for

Name contains .workflow

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 2:56 PM in response to visitor12345

Look in your Home/Library/Workflows folder. It could be in any number of subfolders: Applications, Services, Scripts.

Another location is Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Apple/Automator/Workflows

If you know the name of the script use Find Any File to search it. Or, if it's a workflow search for

Name contains .workflow

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

How to delete an unknown workflow or script made with automator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.